Town of Niskayuna
YARD WASTE PICK-UP
SPRING & SUMMER
Town Highway Crews pick up bagged leaves and bundled brush on a weekly basis by zone (see Street Map for Yard Waste Pick-Up for zones).
- All brush, leaves and grass clippings must be bundled, bagged or placed in containers (without covers) no larger than 32 gallon and not heavier than 40lbs.)
- BRUSH MUST BE CUT NO LARGER THAN 3 FEET & TIED IN BUNDLES.
- Trash cans and containers used must display YARD WASTE stickers (available at the Town Clerk’s Office, Highway Garage, Community Center & the Transfer Station).
- If a holiday falls on Monday, the pick-up schedule will move up one day per zone.
LOOSE BRUSH & LEAF PICK-UP – FALL SEASON ONLY
Town Highway Crews pick up loose brush & loose leaves separately until the first snowfall.
- Do NOT mix brush and leaves – they will NOT be picked up.
- Brush should not exceed 4 feet in length and should be stacked parallel to the curb.
- Leaves should be raked to the curb, but NOT into the street.
- Material should be curbside on the Monday of the week scheduled for your zone.
Check this website for the Fall Yard Waste Pick-Up Schedule.
** THERE IS NO LOOSE BRUSH OR LEAF PICK-UP FOR TROY ROAD, **
** BALLTOWN ROAD OR UNION STREET (EAST OF BALLTOWN ROAD). **
If you have any questions, please call the Highway Department at 785-9753 between 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Town Clerk’s Office is open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and the number to call is 386-4510.