Town Facilities to Remain Closed to the General Public in Response to Countywide Covid-19 Infection Rate
ORDER RENEWED February 22, 2021, with an effective date of Sunday, March 14, 2021
Town Supervisor Yasmine Syed executed a Local State of Emergency Declaration due to a sustained increase in the Countywide COVID-19 infection rate. As of January 21, 2021, the 7-day average positivity rate in Schenectady County reached 5.7%. Therefore, the continuing closure of the Town Hall, Justice Court, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Highway Garage, Water and Sewer Maintenance Facility and Senior Center will be closed to the general public out of an abundance of caution through Sunday, February 21, 2021. The Senior Center will continue contactless drive-through meal services.
The proclamation can be viewed here: www.niskayuna.org
Please check the Town's website for updates periodically at www.niskayuna.org.
Residents can conduct Town-related business via email, mail, the web or by phone though the following:
BUILDING DEPARTMENT/CODE ENFORCEMENT:
You may call the building department directly at (518) 386-4522 or through the following page:
You may call the planning department directly at (518) 386-4530 or through the following webpage:
TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE:
The following services will be processed by mail only, until further notice - residents are encouraged to use the Town Hall drop box:
• Birth Certificate requests
• Death Certificate requests
• Dog license renewal and new licenses and Dog Park Permits
• Yard Waste Bills payments
• Alarm Fee payments
• FOIL requests by mail and email
• Yearly Recycling and Transfer Permit and Punch Cards
• Disability Tags
• Plumbers Registrations
• Block Parties
The following services will be offered by appointment only for Niskayuna residents only, until further notice:
• Marriage License
• Notary services
If you have any questions please call (518) 386-4510 Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm or though the following webpage:
WATER AND SEWER:
You may contact the Department of Public Works directly at (518) 386-4520 or though the following webpage:
You may contact the Highway Department directly at (518) 785-9753 or though the following webpage:
TAX AND ASSESSMENT OFFICES:
You may contact the Assessor’s Office directly at (518) 386-4550 or through the following webpage:
You may contact the Tax Receiver’s Office directly at (518) 386-4540 or through the following webpage:
THE JUSTICE COURT:
Effective Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00pm, all court matters are adjourned until further notice (including scheduled appearances Monday, November 23rd, 2020.
• If you have an upcoming court date you will receive an adjournment letter.
• If you received a vehicle and traffic ticket you can mail your plea to the address on your ticket.
• Fine payments and suspension lifts can be mailed to the Town Justice Court by way of a money order or credit card (credit card authorization form can be found here: https://www.niskayuna.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif4781/f/uploads/cc_authoriz...
THE TOWN SUPERVISOR:
You may contact the Town Supervisor’s Office directly (518) 386-4591 or through the following webpage:
ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS WILL BE HELD BY VIDEOCONFERENCING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
• All public meetings will be conducted remotely by videoconference until further notice in light of the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Capital Region.
Schenectady County offers no-cost community testing on Mondays and Thursdays.* Call (518) 419-0370 to register.
Mondays*** 8:30am to 11:30am at Boys and Girls Club Adeline Wright Graham Clubhouse, 104 Education Drive, Schenectady (Mont Pleasant)
**Thursdays 9am to 1pm at SUNY Schenectady (West Parking Lot), 78 Washington Ave., Schenectady
**There will be no community testing on December 24, 2020