Real Property Clerk
The Town of Niskayuna is currently looking to hire a Real Property Clerk.
Minimum hiring requirements are: Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and one (1) year of clerical experience in the management and control of data files; OR two (2) years of clerical experience as defined by the limits of (A) above.
Contact the Town Assessor Eric Amberger at email@example.com or (518 )386-4551
From Civil Service Job Description:
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This position involves the responsibility for performing a variety of clerical tasks in assisting with the administration of a property valuation program. The work is performed under the direct supervision of an Assessor. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Enters tax data and changes to the assessment rolls;
- Participates in activities concerned with preparation of assessment tax rolls, extended rolls, indices and tax bills by checking for accuracy and content of data collected;
- Corrects errors on tax rolls;
- Uses a variety of records and guides to check specific features of listed real property;
- Provides assistance to veterans and aged persons relative to application for partial tax exemption;
- Maintains computerized real property assessment and data management valuation changes, corrects error messages on printout sheets by cross checking figures and editing;
- Prepares assessment rolls as needed;
- Provides information to the public;
- Maintains file of computer listing property description change forms;
- Updates and retrieves property valuation data;
- Prepares various clerical reports relating to property valuations;
- Does related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, and equipment; Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English; Working knowledge of real property values; Working knowledge of real estate valuation methods; Working knowledge of New York State Real Property Information System; Ability to read and understand property deeds; Ability of explain basic concepts of the real property tax data processing system to the public; Ability to collect and record property valuation information from a variety of sources; Ability to interpret details on property sketches, maps and plans; Ability to deal effectively with the public.
NOTE: The essential functions of this job are determined by the department/jurisdiction where the job is located.
This is a Competitive position.